'Top 10' Easy Things Your Business Can Do Online
By Adam C Franklin
With so many online marketing options available to business managers &
marketers, it is easy to get “option overwhelm”. However, the ‘Top 10’ list
below takes the hard work out of it for you – and the good news is they’re all
easy and free!
1. Set up a Facebook page. Create a Facebook page for your company
to share photos, videos & news with your ‘fans’ on the world’s largest
network of friends. These pages give you an opportunity to give your
company a human face & we all prefer dealing with real people don’t
we? Here is our Facebook Page
2. Setup a company blog. Share your thoughts & ideas. You can easily
demonstrate you are an expert in your field by posting useful,
interesting & educational articles on your blog. Get all the staff
3. Set up a LinkedIn company profile. Be found on the largest online
professional network. Your company will be seen my many prospective
clients & employees. Staff can set up their individual accounts & build
their list of colleagues and contacts too. Here is our Linked in
4. List your business on Google Maps. If you search for most products
or services, you’ll find the first results are Local Business listings. This
is where you want to appear!
5. Submit your website to Google. Why? To ensure Google knows you
exist! If the world’s largest search engine knows your website, you
increase the chances of your potential clients finding you too.
6. Start a You Tube channel. Sharing videos has never been easier.
Whether you film educational videos, recruitment videos or even client
testimonials, you can show people what makes your company
different. You can record short videos on your digital camera or
handycam & upload straight to You Tube.
7. Use Get Satisfaction for customer service. This great tool allows
your clients to ask questions, report problems, sing your praises or
suggest new ideas. It also allows employees at your company to
respond directly. Great for customer service!
8. Use Survey Pirate to ask your clients what they want. Survey
Pirate is the easiest & best free survey tool around. You can set up
your own questions and send the survey out as a web link out to your
clients. Survey Pirate then collects all the answers & you can download
in a simple PDF report!
9. Start a Twitter account. This is the micro-blogging sensation that
allows people to follow your Tweets (ie comments) or you can follow
other Twitterers! If you’ve got a company profile on Twitter make sure
that at least 90% of your Tweets are useful (eg a link to a great article
you’ve read) rather than self-indulgent (eg. I just came out of a 45
10.Setup Google Alerts. You’ll be the first to know when your name (or
your clients’) pops up in the news. All you have to do is nominate
which companies or people you’re interested in & Google will alert you
when they get a mention in the news, on a blog or anywhere on the