8 Tips for Better Blogging in 2011
8 Tips for better blogging in 2011
Blogs have become hugely popular. From Hollywood stars to corporations, everyone has one. Though everybody is aware of the power of blogs, not everyone knows how to best use blogs to work to their advantage. Here are some tips on how to make blogs more effective.
1. Post Regularly: Many blogs are created on a personal whim and without adequate
thought. After a couple of initial posts, the blogs are forgotten and rarely updated. This
signals laziness and disinterest in blogs to the visitors. This can be quite damning for a
corporate blog. Make sure that you blog regularly. Not only will visitors benefit from this
but you will also get Search Engine Optimization benefits by updating your blogs
2. Make Posts Web Friendly: Reading online is quite different from reading a book.
Attention span is less and readers do not "deep read". Make your copy easy to read. Your
posts should be concise with short sentences and minimal punctuations. Any call to
action buttons should be placed at the top since the probability of readers reaching the
end of article is very small in a webpage.
3. Guest Posts: The Internet is not an island. The more connections you make the better it is
for you. One way is by writing for industry specific blogs. Guest posts on those blogs will
get you inbound links back to your blog. This will be a huge SEO benefit and you will
find a good number of visitors coming your way from these guest posts. Another benefit
is that guest posts will get you more recognition in your industry and establish you as
some sort of an authority.
4. Answer Comments on your Blog: Blogs are meant to be interactive. Just posting is not
the end of the work. Read and reply to reader's comments. Share your blogs on twitter
and other social networking sites. This will make your blog posts more widely read.
5. Link to other Sites: Many bloggers are scared of linking to other blogs. They think that
people might follow those links and leave their blog. Search engine bots may follow
outbound links, abandoning your site. By linking to other relevant blogs, there is much
greater probability of other bloggers also linking to you.
6. Make Loyal Visitors: Repeat and loyal visitors are bedrock of any successful blog.
Encourage your visitors to sign up for free newsletters or subscribe to your blog.
7. Make your Blog easy to access: Make your blog easily accessible on your main business
site. Mention it in all of your marketing literature, newsletters and promotions. Also,
promote it through SEO just like you do for your websites.
8. Create Enticing Titles: In this age of short attention span, the most enticing and attention
grabbing headline will get most readers.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Donaa_Nocero